Part 1 : Synopsis
Fuck that. If you are reading this then more than likely you watched the episode. You need no recap!
Part 2. The Good
- Crazy Rick – Dude has lost his mind in the best way imaginable! Part of me worried that the prisoner story line would be drug the fuck out like last season with Sophia. But DAMN- when Thomas tried twice to kill him he went all…So I guess we won’t have to worry about him any more. I also love Rick’s interaction with Lori. In one scene in particular Lori attempts to conference with Rick in regard to what his plans were for the prisoners. In this scene Rick says killing them was an option, and Lori tells him he has her support. Rick quips, “you say that now…” alluding to last season’s finale. I wonder how far Rick will push Lori away.
- Poor Lori – Part of me thinks that the writers had no clue how Lori would be hated after last season and now are doing a swift 360 to make us feel compassion for her character. She quickly rushed to save Hershel, but was one of her reasons for saving him was so he could assist in the birth of her baby? She does seem selfish enough. Regardless, Sarah Wayne Callies is doing an amazing job with this polarizing character.
- Carol – Again…the writers listened. I am in love with Carol. This character def. stepped up and is making herself useful. Although…part of me is worried that they are setting us up to like her so we are heartbroken when they KILL HER! (although I really hope this doesn’t happen.)
- Axel – This actor’s accent kills me. It’s part downs syndrome part Gomer Pyle. No good! I think he and the other prisoner could become part of the group…maybe
- T-Dog – Come on….give this actor something to do already!
I give this episode a 3.5 out of 5. It left me wanting…It really felt as if the writers could have combined this episode with the first episode for a 90 minute premier…but for some reason decided to split the two episode up. At times the pacing felt off…like we were driving on 3 good wheels and one flat. Overall, though…the acting is top notch across the board. Even Beth is starting to feel like a three dimensional character. This season is off to a rocking start.