On this week’s episode, Otieno, Jon, Regina, and Ryan continue last week’s discussion. Jon shares a listener e-mail, Ryan discusses Tina Fey’s recent skit, and Otieno opens a discussion on the ratio of monuments celebrating figures from the confederacy verses monuments celebrating emancipation, and whether tearing down monuments which celebrate the confederacy erases history.
- Texas Bathroom Bill dies
- Texan women will be forced to buy “abortion insurance”
- African American Civil War Memorial
- 4 emancipation monuments: here, here, here, and here
- A memorial to slave rebellions
- A plague in Wall St.
- The John Hope Franklin Memorial commemorating the Tulsa Race Riot of 1921
- A planned Equality and Injustice Initiative Commemorative Lynching Memorial
- This article from the SPLC which discusses public symbols of the confederacy
This week’s featured song is “International News” by National Wake