Jon here ~ The plan was for Brian and I to talk about the last season of The Walking Dead. Well, Brian fucked it all up by not watching the rest of the season…so instead we gave some recommendations on television shows we enjoy and think are worth checking out. Enjoy!
On this week’s episode, Jon and Brian Harmless tackle all the issues. Every last one.
This week’s Hot Topics include:
- Owner of a revenge porn site gets 18 years behind bars
- Trevor Noah causes a twitter outrage
- Texas votes to cut 3 million from HIV funds to boost abstinence education
- Texas Lawmakers file record number of anti LGBT bills
This week’s featured song is I Don’t Mind by Fort Lean
Holy shitballs. My mixer broke. So we recorded the show on my iPad. Sorry for the sound quality…should have a new mixer by our next show! Oh, and we totally started to use that MEERKAT app- so we live streamed the show too!
This week’s Hot Topics include:
- Judge orders U.S. to release photos showing abuse of detainees
- Two students are expelled for leading racist chants
- “Religious freedom bill” ditched after the addition of a clever amendment
- Bodycam footage shows police killing a mentally ill man
- Ashley Judd to press charges against Twitter trolls
This week’s featured track is “Greasy Mind” by Slug
3/5: Brooklyn, NY @ Music Hall of Williamsburg #
3/6: Washington, DC @ U Street Music Hall #
3/7: Chapel Hill, NC @ Local 506 #
3/8: Atlanta, GA @ The Earl #
3/10: Miami, FL @ Grand Central #
3/11: St. Petersburg, FL @ State Theatre #
3/13: Orlando, FL @ Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts #
3/14: Gainesville, FL @ The Woody #
3/16: New Orleans, LA @ Republic #
3/17-21: Austin, TX @ SXSW
4/4: Asbury Park, NJ @ Asbury Lanes %
4/5: Providence, RI @ Spark City %
4/6: Worcester, MA @ The Firehouse %
4/7: Portland, ME @ Space Gallery %
4/9: Ottawa, ON @ House of TARG %
4/11: Philadelphia, PA @ The Attic Youth Center
4/22: Boston, MA @ The Sinclair &
4/24: Hamden, CT @ The Space &
4/25: New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom &
4/26: Philadelphia, PA @ Johnny Brenda’s
5/8: Atlanta, GA @ Shaky Knees Music Festival
Guess who sharted? No, seriously…out of our cast…guess who sharted. This episode Nan, Jon, and Brian Harmless talked about recent controversies surrounding Sean Penn, Russell Tovey, and Patricia Arquette. They also talk about the movement to finally get a woman on the $20 bill. Oh- just for fun…what are your top 3 choices for women on the $20- also…how about a new slogan for the First Baptist church in Dallas? E-mail us at [email protected]
It’s official!! Please welcome Jermy Johnson to the Secretly Timid cast! On this week’s episode, Nan talks about her romantic weekend getaway, and Jermy analyzes Jon’s hatred for straight white men. Hot topics include- Eddie Murphy refusing to impersonate Bill Cosby on SNL’s 40th anniversary, a dumbfuck politician compares Planned Parenthood to ISIS, Plano claims a recent attempt at overturning their equal protection ordinance invalid, and Dallas opens its own transgender hospital program!
What’s up? On today’s show, Jon shares a weird urinal story and Brian moved. A bit later Jon and Brian totally got into it over hate crimes, but they made up before the show ended. Jon, Sarah, and Brian also talked about bottom-shaming and how uber-annoying it is when gay men bring up the fact that they are “tops” in casual conversations. Then they talked about the Republican party and learned that you shouldn’t make yogurt out of your vagina.
Oh, it’s so great to have a week off every once in a while. On this week’s show, Jon, Nan, and Brian Harmless are welcome special guest Jeremy “Jermy” Elizabeth Johnson back on the show.
This week’s hot topics include –
- a fan goes through radical surgery to look like the Red Skull
- No more sexy with undergrads, says Harvard University
- a family stages a kidnapping to toughen up their sensitive son
- WV Republican says some crazy stuff about rape
- Marvel debuts an all-female Avengers team
- Linda Harvey thinks Katy Perry loves Satan